colour of Pyrocat HD

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by marko_trebusak, Jan 25, 2005.

1. marko_trebusak

marko_trebusak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is something bogging me since I started to print my photos: my Pyrocat negatives lack the staining I'm suppose to see in them. As hard as I look at the negatives, there seems nothing orange coloured stuff in dense areas. So I would like to at least see a scan of Pyrocat developed negative, to see if I'm doing something wrong. Is somebody prepared to post a negative scan here?

Marko

2. Leon

Leon Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    it depend on what film your using Marko - some stain heavily and others not at all. I find the classic pan films stain well, fp4 and delta 100 dont stain much at all (sometimes no visible stain on fp4) and hp5 stains well.

here is a way over exposed holga neg on hp5 with a good deep-brown stain. (prints nicely though :smile:)

Attached Files:

3. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    With many films you don't really see the stain until you print the negative. FP4+ is one of those, and EFKE PL100 is hard to see too. APX100 has a much more obvious stain. Delta films don't seem to stain much at all.

So it all depends...

4. marko_trebusak

marko_trebusak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you Leon and Ole! Leon, that one looks much more brown that I'm seeing, but I'm using Fuji Acros.

Marko