COMBINA Developing tank - anything! (Gepe - Krause)

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by Hilo, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Hilo

Hilo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi !

I'm looking for tanks and/or reels of this brand. For both 135 and 120 film there exist one, two or five reel tanks (for 120 film this is a three reel tank)

Thanks for looking

2. gorbas

gorbas Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm Pan
    What is wrong with Paterson processing tanks?? Does Combina tanks have some extra features?

3. Hilo

Hilo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm sure there is nothing wrong with Paterson tanks. However I have used Combina since 1979 and want to replace some broken parts.

4. europanorama

europanorama Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    GEPE_HP-COMBINA 120-REEL_LOADER IMG_4053.JPG Maybe earlier it was called GEPE then HP-Combina.
    Yes there is an advantage. There is a center-thorn to take-up film-tongue with the help of a loader. very quick and easy loading 35mm and 120/220-films. i have the 1x120/220-reel/ 1x 35mm(special reel)/ 2x35mm-reel-tank. Here is 120 with loader and film

5. darkroommike

darkroommike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looks like a plastic version of the Kindermann and Hewes systems. Durst also sold a plastic reel system which I swear was made for them by Kindermann. Good luck on your quest.

6. Hilo

Hilo Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    I got lucky and found many parts for this brand Combina. Probably it was sold more here in Europe. My favourite version is the two reel tank for 135mm, which also takes one reel for 120.
    But I have all of them. Fantastic system. One just needs to be a little careful, with the loaders and the reels mostly. If you tend to get angry with inanimate objects (like the guy of the film In Bruges) this system is not for you !

Most of what I have has been used by me professionally since about 1980, but also by many people who I taught developing. Surprising how well it still works. I broke a large five reel tank by dropping it to the ground and some orange loaders . . .