Confusion - Another Duh!

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by jazzmechanic, Jun 15, 2005.

1. jazzmechanic

jazzmechanic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Have you ever gotten confused when using different cameras? I am one of those multi-functional (haha) guys, must have three of everything. Anyway, this week while out shooting on three different ocassions, I used all three of my medium format cameras (Mamiya RB67, M645 1000s and the Bronica ETRSI). Switching between the Mamiya 645 to the Bronny was okay,but when using the RB 67, I forgot to advance the film on about 6 shots (dumb) so now I probably have that multi exposure thing going on.

Since going med format, I take more time to compose my shots, now I must concentrate/spend more time on advancing the film!

2. David

David Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    welcome to advanced photography :cool:

3. jazzmechanic

jazzmechanic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thanks.....looking forward to many more days of confusion.

4. rogueish

rogueish Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Apperantly the Pro-SD back for the RB has a multiple exposure safe guard lock that has to be switched off to do multiples. I've done the "opps" a few times myself (I only have Pro and Pro-S backs). My Yashica TLR also makes one become a creature of habit. I've taught myself to wind the film back immediately after the exposure. Before I do anything else. Like cock the shutter, think (my worst downfall), put the lens cap back on, look at the bikini girls, move the tripod.
    Now I multi-exposure by accident rarely, maybe once every 4-5 rolls. :wink:

5. Magnus W

Magnus W Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I did the oops with my Hasselblad yesterday. Changed magazine before advancing film. Three blanks on two rolls. And I thought I'd got the hang of it by now ...

-- MW

ed: spelling

6. stark raving

stark raving Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Don't feel bad. I do something even dumber, dumb because the solution is very simple and yet I don't do it. I load up multiple cameras with different kinds of film, then forget to change ASA on handheld meters when moving from camera to camera. Right now I have three kinds of film loaded in four cameras. Not one of those cameras has the film box lid attached as a reminder. Duh.........

7. rogueish

rogueish Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh man, I hate when I do that! :mad:

8. jazzmechanic

jazzmechanic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Been there and I own seven T-shirts. Another DUH, It took me almost a week to figure out how to change the lens on my RB 67. After reading the manual and trying several times. I happened to hold the lever forward and the the lens was able to be removed.