Contact Frame

Discussion in 'Contact Printing' started by rthollenbeck, Nov 21, 2013.

1. rthollenbeck

rthollenbeck Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Is anyone here using/own a Alistair Inglis Contact Printer? I was considering buying one in 8x10 and was interested in first hand opinions.

2. Dan Pelland

Dan Pelland Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Afraid I can't offer any first-hand opinions, but Mr. Inglis is obviously, evidenced by his web site, a master of his craft. Beautiful gear!

3. jgjbowen

jgjbowen Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Yes, I use/own an Alister Inglis Contact Printer. I have the 8x20 model and am in love with it. I purchased it with the intention of using it for platinum printing, but have been using it recently to proof 24 6x6 images on two sheets of 8x10 simultaneously. MUCH more efficient than doing one sheet at a time with an 8x10 contact frame. The printer is well made and very efficient to work with.

Highly recommended!

4. cowanw

cowanw Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have one and it is extremely solid, with a very strong squeeze.
    Using it for Platinum printing, It has the advantage of seeing the placement of negative over paper. Typical split back require paper over negative and placement can be off if there is any shifting, because things are upside down. Of course you have to have your lights on top.
    Having said that it does not make better prints than an old or new split back contact printer. And it is heavy.