Contax Increasingly Less Dead

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by bjorke, Mar 31, 2005.

1. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  2. Phillip P. Dimor

Phillip P. Dimor Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I was hoping this thread was entitled "Contax Increasingly Less Expensive" :smile:
    *sigh*

3. Tom Duffy

Tom Duffy Member

I wish you had posted all this in your single original thread. Then we'd have an historical record as you went though all five stages of death and dying. I think you're still in denial and need to work through anger, bargaining, resignation and acceptance. :smile:

Contax, as in a new Contax camera that will take yours and mine existing lenses, is dead.

4. bjorke

bjorke Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    hehehehe

Actually, I had pretty-well given up on seeing any new optics well before the Kyocera announcement. If Zeiss says they'll keep my old ones working, that sounds good. Might be buying a second body, huh.

Don't Kyocera also make a 180mm Leica-R lens, btw?

5. NikoSperi

NikoSperi Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, but you just considered 5 stages of death, and disregarded the three days until resurrection and all that entails. (E.g. Ilford: resurrection took a good 8 months)...

6. Flotsam

Flotsam Member

Just in case, I have been taking stock of my Contax and Yashica bodies just to ensure that I have bodies to hang my CZs on well into the future.

7. Tom Duffy

Tom Duffy Member

Doesn't matter. With my first girl starting college next year and the sticker shock of $36,000 a year, my Leica buying days are emphatically over.

When my Leicaflex SL (1969) broke last year, I bought a Canon 135 f2 and a cheap film body to replace a Leica R 180 f2.8 and a 90 f2. Other than missing a smooth manual focus and a real microprism screen, I have to admit that the Canon 135 is as good as any Leica lens I've ever used.
    Take care,
    Tom