contrast filters for Bessler MCRX 4x5 B&W enlarger

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by edboy, Jul 15, 2011.

1. edboy

edboy Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'm looking for some 5" X 5" or around that size contrast filters for a Bessler enlarger MCRX 4x5 B&W. There is a drawer above the condenser and I would like to put them above the negative. Can anybody recommend where I might find something or are they still available? I'm using Ilford Multigrade paper. Not sure if that will make a differance. I believe I read that Kodak makes that type of filter. I'm just new to LF.

2. George Nova Scotia

George Nova Scotia Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ilford MG filters should still be available at your favorite retailer, online, if not local. You'll need the 6"x6" size and have to trim them a bit. I think with the Beseler you have to round the back end to fit the drawer. They do fade over time so a new set is not a bad idea.

3. Ian C

Ian C Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  4. edboy

edboy Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks very much.

5. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have some Kodak Wratten filters that I used to use in my Beseler. If you are in the States you can have them for free. Send me a PM with your address if you want them.

6. Wade D

Wade D Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use the Ilford 6"x6" set as well on my MCRX. They fit perfectly after a careful rounding of the back edge.