Converted Polaroid 200-400 Land Cameras for sale?

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by zenza, Aug 29, 2011.

1. zenza

zenza Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm looking into purchasing a refurbed/converted Polaroid Land Camera and seem to remember a website selling them starting at roughly $150. I've tried converting my own and it didn't really work out nor do I have the time anymore. Can anyone point me in the direction of finding these cameras for sale?

2. xya

xya Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    what do you mean by converted? is it the batteries? new film is still available from fuji. there is an ebay-seller called option.8 who sells parts and refurbished cameras.

3. one90guy

one90guy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you are wanting to do a battery conversion it is simple, hardest part is removing plastic for a 4 battery AAA holder. As xya mentioned option 8, he has a step by step battery conversion dyi on his site. After my 1st battery conversion its only about a 30 mintue job for me, and I have bad eyesite and shaky hands:smile: I am doing my 1st conversion, a 150, and all I have to work with is hacksaw and Dremel. About the cheapest ready made conversion that I have seen is in the $400 plus area. Hope this has helped.

4. hpulley

hpulley Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    option.8 has a website as well as eBay. He shows you how to convert if you want to do it yourself but I got one off him on eBay. i'm just a satisfied customer: http://www.instantoptions.com/

He's doing some manual conversions too which would be cool.

5. landcameras

landcameras Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    The website you were initially looking for

Zena,

Looks like I'm late to this party, but it was actually my site that you saw the cameras starting at $150 at. landcameras.com
    By conversion he means rechargeable. We use LiFePO4 batteries in all the cameras we sell. no more hacking apart the battery box to cram a bunch of AAA batteries in there. Using the existing mount and wiring we drop in place a battery and charge port.

I've got an unpublished coupon going on right now 10% off entire order with checkout code 'twitterpromo'

sorry for the spam/self promotion.. please delete if i've crossed the line.
    -Cory