Could it be?

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by rwyoung, Sep 18, 2008.

1. rwyoung

rwyoung Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. brofkand

brofkand Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    All they're doing is rebranding Fuji packfilm. Don't get too excited :smile:

3. rwyoung

rwyoung Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 125i does bear a striking resemblance to FP100C based on descriptions I've read but not sure if it is the "same" stuff. Or at least "same" enough to just re-label and put in the blue & red box.

I'd rather have 55, 59, 669 and 809 back before 125i, 664 and 667. Particularly 55 and 809.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2008
  4. brofkand

brofkand Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think everyone wants the larger format films more than peel-apart packfilms.

There is a discussion over on a Polaroid Flickr group that lists several clues the supplier is Fuji. 1) Fuji is already making the stuff. 2) Fuji's color film is a water-based emulsion, like Polaroid stated in the press release. 3) They kind of waffled on image transfers, which we know is more difficult with FP-100C than it is with 669. This is because Fuji uses water-based emulsion, versus Polaroid's which was based on Titanium, IIRC.

Hopefully at the least this will result in either lower prices for either Fuji or Polaroid variants (more production) or retail availability of Fuji's films.

5. brofkand

brofkand Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    On another note, doesn't Fuji produce a large-format instant film? If so, does it not work with the older Polaroid holders that were produced long ago?

6. tjaded

tjaded Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yep, I have one and it works great. Since the Fuji version is on eternal back order with everyone, the old Polaroid ones are going for crazy prices on ebay. I decided to lend mine to a co-worker that is taking her first 4x5 class...I hope it survives!!