couple dilution questions....

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by scootermm, Sep 30, 2004.

1. scootermm

scootermm Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Ive been doing contact printing with Ilford MGIV pearl paper and Agfa Neutol Plus paper developer (1:9)
    Im curious if anyone has used this paper developer at higher dilutions and longer developing times and if there is a noticeable negative effect to it?
    Id like to start using it at higher dilutions for economic reasons (financially challenged at present) and am wondering if it works just as well.
    I also have Ilford Multigrade paper developer and Neutol WA that I use at the standard dilutions and would like to maybe do the same with them.

thanks in advance.

2. titrisol

titrisol Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Use Ethol LPD, cheap, keeps for a long tiem, and dilution affects the tonality of the paper (more diluted=warmer) but the contrast doesn't seem to fall.

3. Snapper

Snapper Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I've stopped using Agfa Neutol at the recommended 1+7 and gone to the more dilute 1+11, giving the print another 30 secs in the tray, to make the bottles last a bit longer. I haven't noticed any difference in the results. I haven't tried going even more dilute though.

4. modafoto

modafoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have used 1+15 and it is ok. Longer dev times and it exhaust faster though.
    And the stuff doesn't keep well from session to session, so use it one-shot.