CPP 2 Processor availability?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Changeling1, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Changeling1

Changeling1 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Only B&H seems to have the Jobo CPP 2 processor. Calumet and Freestyle have zero inventory. B&H has the 3010 Expert Drum listed at $384.00! Calumet and Freestyle have it for about $70.00 less. Has the CPP 2 been officially discontinued?

2. frotog

frotog Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Actually, $275 for the 3010 from b and h website.

3. Lopaka

Lopaka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jobo ceased production of the processors in Oct 2006. Finding new ones in inventory is getting rare. I do not know if they are making any more drums.

Bob

4. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    The CPP2 is the only processor still listed as available on the Jobo web site.

They have said they will offer the drums for years to come.

5. Lopaka

Lopaka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You are no doubt referring to the German website of Jobo AG. Jobo-USA closed their Ann Arbor, Michigan facility in 2005 and turned over US distribution of all Jobo analog products to Omega-Satter. In 2006, Omega-Satter posted the anouncement that Jobo AG was stopping processor production in Oct 2006 and would no longer take orders for any processor after July 2006. This announcement is no longer on Omega-Satter's website. The only info available is the old (2005) archived product data from Jobo USA. They list no Jobo products in their current product offerings. If B&H is obtaining new shipments of CPP-2, my guess is they are buying it in Europe themselves. I have not contacted Omega to find out if they changed their position.

Bob

6. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    I think there was a rumour that Omega Satter petitioned Jobo to continue making the CPP2... Call them if you want to know the current status. Web pages may be outdated.

7. stormbytes

stormbytes Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've got a basically brand new CPP-2 for sale - posted in the Apug classifieds. Comes with a 3006 Expert Drum.

S'cuse the "advertising" - I don't mean to promote sales in public forums, just thought I'd mention it since folks appear to be interested in NIB Jobos.

8. Early Riser

Early Riser Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought the last Cpp-2 that Calumet had last year. It sits mothballed as a backup. I heard that Jobo was going to sell a few more CPP-2's this year anyone confirm this?

9. Oren Grad

Oren Grad Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    B&H shows it in stock now.

10. Early Riser

Early Riser Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If they show it as in stock I'd consider that accurate. Yesterday I bought their last 360 tele nikkor, and when I placed the order the in stock listing changed to out of stock.

11. Changeling1

Changeling1 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks all-

The CPP 2 is out of stock at B & H (just checked 4-18) but the CPE is apparently available.

I've noticed that many new Jobo replacement parts are showing up on the auction site.

12. percepts

percepts Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I think you will find that jobo stopped production of ATL processors which were designed for labs and not hobbyists although some do use them. As far as I'm aware the cpe and cpp are still being produced.

13. percepts

percepts Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    the new catalogue from firstcall who are the UK importer of jobo kit, states that jobo germany will continue to make cpe, cpp and ATL 1500 processors. N/B. expert drums do not fit ATL 1500 processor.

14. Terence

Terence Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not to hijack the thread, but what would a low mileage CPP 2 processor go for? The fellow says it's about 2 years old and has been used about 6 times. It looks almost new. No Expert drums, but a few 2500 drums which duplicate what I already own.

I currently have a CPE (not CPE 2), but have been doing my LF manually with Expert drums, and would love to upgrade.

15. acroell

acroell Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    B&H has it in stock again (5-22-07), so there seems to be a supply.

16. ADOX Fotoimpex

ADOX Fotoimpex Partner Partner

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Acording to the recent pricelist sent to us September 2006 CPP processing machines plus Lifters are still in production.
    The price is 1280 EUR for the processor and 181 EUR for the lifter.
    We can theoretically supply anything "Made in Germany" from over here if you have problems obtaining it from a US source.
    We have fast access to everything Jobo still in production.

Tanks from the 3000 range are also available (according to the current pricelist).
    Expert5: 283 EUR
    Expert6: 255 EUR
    Expert10: 255 EUR

Regards,

Mirko

email to: info@fotoimpex.de