cpp2 not heating

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by unibonded, Nov 25, 2008.

1. unibonded

unibonded Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Good news - I just got a second hand Jobo cpp2, bad news - it doesn't heat up. I've had a look at the thermal cut out button and it seems to be rusted in place, it won't budge to reset so I'm guessing the whole switch/reset unit is done for. :sad:

Has anyone got any idea what I can do, do Jobo still do servicing or parts for the cpp2 (as they still make them). Alternatively, is this something that could be replaced by a third party item by someone who knew what they were doing or by-passed in some way?

2. hal9000

hal9000 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi, if you want to send the unit to Germany you should contact Klaus Dieter Seynsche, he does the repair work for Jobo / Germany and is very competent.

3. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Did you have the pump going when you tried out the heater? It won't heat unless the pump is on.

4. unibonded

unibonded Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the link hal9000, good to know someone might be able to fix it if I can't get anywhere.

Yes bdial - I filled it up and had the pump running, I've just found out there's a fuse on the circuit board for the heating system so I'll check that out

5. unibonded

unibonded Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    humm, fuses look fine, unfortunately.

6. Pastiche

Pastiche Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Reviving this thread as I've the same problem .. . .

Wonder if anyone else has had any luck in troubleshooting their Jobo CPP2 Processors . .. anyone have a lead on a repair manual ? (long shot, I know)

7. angusgr

angusgr Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Pastiche, when I emailed Jobo service about my ATL heater they sent me a service manual with the schematics included. So it's probably worth trying them.

Also, when I thought the thermal cutout in my ATL was broken (before I saw the button... duh!) I was looking around for third-party objects that could be swapped in and I found heater thermostats w/ capillary probes (ebay Australia link):

That thermostat will cut back in automatically when the temperature goes under the 80C cutout limit, so it's probably not as good a replacement as an actual thermal cutout. But it's quite cheap.

8. Pastiche

Pastiche Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you angusgr! :smile:

I'll give them a whirl . .

9. arigram

arigram Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format