CR2 Batteries, rechargeable, advice?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Felinik, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Felinik

Felinik Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello,

My main system is a couple of Pentax MZ-M cameras, running on CR2 batteries, I also have a couple of MZ-6 AF bodies, but for those I have the FG grip taking AA batteries (as the AF eats more power). On top of this, now last week I purchased a Contax G1, also taking CR2 batteries.

The MZ-M's don't eat a lot (and I don't want a grip on the MZ-M's in order to save weight/size.), but I assume the G1 will, so I've been thinking about getting some kind of rechargeable system for the CR2's.

Any advice/experience ?

Thanks!

Cheers
    JF Felinik

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  2. pasltd

pasltd Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I use rechargeable ones - ordered many years ago from ebay, still work great in Nikon F75. A quick search on ebay shows a ton of results - charger + 2 or 4 batteries for around $10.

3. Felinik

Felinik Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Yeah, that's kind of why I started this thread, there's loads of different to chose from, and I was hoping someone had a cpl of years experience of different brands etc. and was looking for a recommendation...

:smile:

4. ambaker

ambaker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've used the 800ma hr Ultrafire rechargeable units (aka 15270) for about three years now. With good results. Plenty can be found on the auction site we all know and love/hate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD