CRAP!

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by darinwc, Oct 18, 2011.

1. darinwc

darinwc Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    CRAP!
    I just found out my Philips PCS 130 enlarger requires a separate set of condensers in order to print 6x7. What a disappointment! And I see a set of them just sold on ebay. Good luck finding another set.

Grrr...

2. RH Designs

RH Designs Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It just so happens I have a set of condensers here labelled "Philips 6x7 Condenser set type PCB167". Is that what you're looking for? They're not actually mine but belong to a friend but if it's what you want I'm sure he'll be willing to sell :smile:. They're quite heavy though so postage to the US might be costly.

PM if you're interested as I don't look in here every day.

3. Ronald Moravec

Ronald Moravec Member

They were the first to go to go out f stock decades ago.

4. lxdude

lxdude Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If someone could get the dimensions maybe an equivalent could be found from Edmund optics or some place.

5. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    There were three or four condenser lenses in square frames that fit into a drawer and could be mixed and matched for 35mm, 6x6, or 6x7, and the standard set was 6x6. I had them all at one time. That was a really great system, and I recall that when it was new, it was quite expensive. Given the cost of enlargers these days, it's probably less expensive to buy a 6x7 enlarger than to fabricate the frames and cut the lenses to size.

6. Ronald Moravec

Ronald Moravec Member

The 6x7 set has larger diameter condensers than will fit in the available space. The solution was to cut the sides on the 7 cm end so they were no longer round condensers. No substitution is possible because of the odd.

configuration.

Buy a new enlarger. You will be better off.

7. darinwc

darinwc Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    An APUG member has come through and i am buying a set of proper condensers.

"Given the cost of enlargers these days, it's probably less expensive to buy a 6x7 enlarger.. "
    What i thought i bought was a 6x7 enlarger. The 'manual' I downloaded did not say anything about the condensers. That is why I was frustrated. Sorry for being over-dramatic in the original post. B