Crystal Archive Issues?

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by tiberiustibz, Jul 20, 2009.

1. tiberiustibz

tiberiustibz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I've noticed through trial and error that fuji papers in room temperature RA4 tend to give crossover and magenta highlights (clouds) when properly balanced but that Kodak papers with Kodak films give me very nice results. Is this something worth noting? I've tried Fuji Crystal Archive with both Kodak and Fuji films, neither of which have yielded satisfactory results. Does fuji not work with the room temperature setup?

2. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I don't print myself (yet...I wish I could :smile:, but I have heard of these problems before. You're not alone.

3. Photo Engineer

Photo Engineer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have heard the same. Fuji uses an entirely different emulsion type than Kodak and so temperature effects may be more severe. I have heard more general complaints about Fuji CA II paper which requires a new proprietary Fuji developer. That may add to the problems.

PE

4. tiberiustibz

tiberiustibz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Riiiight the problems got worse when I switched from the old fuji emulsion to the new digital optimized version because I preferred gloss. I'm selling it. To ebay I go...