Curiosity question about the new APUG Print Sales Gallery

Discussion in 'Pinhole Photography' started by Matthewt, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Matthewt

Matthewt Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Good morning to all. I had a question about selling pinhole photographs in the new APUG Sales Gallery. All opinions are welcome. I am thinking about trying to sell some pinhole photographs in the new sales gallery. They will be made on Polaroid type 665 film. The negatives will be contact printed. The size of the negative is only 3.25 x 4.25 inches. So the contact prints will natually be the same size. My question is---Do you all think that a photograph that size will sell in the new gallery? I see sizes in the gallery a lot bigger that that. I will only charge a moderate amount for the print/s. Just curious if you all think there would be a market here at APUG for prints that small. Thank you all very much for your time and opinions.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Matthew,

I currently only have one image in the Apug Gallery loaded right now, it's a 3x4" contact print :smile:

Not everyone has the space for a massive 16x20" frame on the wall and there are some, like me, who do, but prefer smaller images.

3. laz

laz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Matt, I have a facination with "minature" works of art. I think it takes great skill to make a statement on a small scale. I be interested in see and buying good work of this size. -Bob (hey Jeremy, hows the 21mm working for ya? don't you owe me a print? :smile: )

4. Matthewt

Matthewt Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Thank you Laz and Thank you Jeremy. I just ordered my camera and film, etc... today, so I will be shooting soon and posting some work.

5. matt miller

matt miller Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I also shoot in 3x4 and contact print only. I enjoy small prints very much.

6. Matthewt

Matthewt Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Thank you Matt Miller

7. Matthewt

Matthewt Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Thank you Jay

8. Matthewt

Matthewt Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    I guess The next step is to try and figure out what to charge for the prints. Any ballpark figures come to mind? Thanks.

9. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    At a Wellfleet gallery on Cape Cod I remember seeing what I believe were 6x7 centimeter...not inches...contact prints mounted in what may have been 11x14 inch or larger mats. They were apparently selling at least well enough to take up very valuable seasonal wall space this gallery had given over to them. I recall thinking that the prices were pretty high for what they were too (but that's kinda the norm in summer season tourist oriented gallerys anyway.). So...offer them and see what happens. Maybe a big mat will help your stuff as much as it did the work I saw. Or consider it, at least, as an option.

10. Matthewt

Matthewt Member

Shooter:
    Pinhole
    Thank you Jovo