CV lens and adapter mounting

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by haris, Apr 7, 2007.

1. haris

haris Guest

Hi,

I got two days ago CV 75mm f2,5 lens with adapter for monuting on M mount camera (Bessa R2A). Is there any way to unmount lens together with adapter from camera, or it is must to unscrew lens first and unmount adaper next (that is as adapter's manual tell), when taking lens off camera.

Thanks.

2. Lee Shively

Lee Shively Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You can leave the adapter attached permanently to the lens if you want. Just tighten the adapter and use the lens release button on the camera to unmount.

3. mike_j

mike_j Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Adaptor on CV lens

I think tolerances come in here. I have a CV 35mm lens which just won't lock to the adaptor (also a CV), my 3 other lenses will lock to their adaptors (Leica, CV and generic) if sufficiently tightened, I got so fed up with the CV 35 that I put a minute smear of Loktite on it and now I can't undo it at any price.

4. mtbbrian

mtbbrian Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I bought that lens and camera recently as well as the 25 f/4 lens.
    I bought two of the adapters and just leave them on.
    When I am not using them I have the M Mount cap on.
    Brian

5. PHOTOTONE

PHOTOTONE Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have separate adaptors for each LTM mount lens that I use on my "M" cameras. I change lenses frequently. I also use "M" mount lenses. It would be a royal pain to have to remove adaptors as frequently as I change lenses for my projects. Brand new "M" adaptors can be a tight fit on the camera body. With use, they will loosen up a bit and be easier to remove attached to the lens.

6. haris

haris Guest

Thank you all.