Darkroom equipment

Discussion in 'UK All Regions' started by Ian Grant, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If anyone in the UK, particularly the West Midlands, is wanting to set up a darkroom get in touch.

I have at least 3 enlargers (2 35mm one 35mm/6x6), spare dev tanks, trays, safe-lights etc, pretty much everything you'd need. They will be listed in the classified in a week or two.

Ian

2. ted_smith

ted_smith Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Ian

I've been messing about for a few weeks getting a darkroom in place. Last week I trecked over to Chorley to collect a B&W Ilfospeed Enlarger only to find the screwthread was not suitable for the lens I bought from RJ. And just this evening I bought some smallish (10x8) trays, 2 dev tanks, a thermometer and two darkroom safelights off e-Bay - I collect tomorrow.

Are you selling bits seperately or the whole thing as a job lot? I am interested to hear about your enlargers. What make and models are they? PM me if you'd prefer.

I live in Derby

Ted

3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just acquired yet another enlarger, Meopta Axomat 5 (35mm B&W), free to anyone who wants to come & collect.

Ian

4. GeoffHill

GeoffHill Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Where abouts in the west mids, and would you be ok waiting until tues, as thats the next time I can drive down to collect.

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No problem, PM sent. BTW the enlarger was rescued from the local tip :D It was just sat as if ready for use !!!

Ian

6. RobC

RobC Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Do you spend your weekends bin diving? :D

7. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was throwing out what remained of my worn out Durst M601, I'd stripped it to repaint, and 8 years later . . . . . :D

3 years ago a BMW estate pulled up alongside me, in the back an enlarger, after he put his garden rubbish in the skip I asked what he was doing with the enlarger . . . . . so I had it with the band new 50mm Componon S lens. Amazing what goes for landfill with no attempt to sell first.

The I rescued the Meopta yesterday specifically to give away here, knowing that if no-one wanted it I could give it to the college I used to work at instead.

Ian

8. RobC

RobC Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh I thought maybe it was an archaeological thing as so many good finds are made in ancient tips. :wink: Nothing changes...

9. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    No the archaeological things are going in the classifieds later this week.

Paterson tanks - original series, second series - Major II's, various sizes, early Photax, Nebro etc . . . . . Plus I have some vintage paper and developer as well. Will be very nostalgic for a select few :D

Not sure yet what to do with the exceedingly rare 1946 Gnome enlarger, lamp housing looks more like a motor bike piston cylinder with all it's cooling fins painted red & black. I bought it new !!!!!

Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2008