darkroom for school

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by nightphotohunter, Oct 3, 2003.

1. nightphotohunter

nightphotohunter Member

How do you think i could get my school to get a small cheap B&W darkeroom for the school newspaper. they hated haveing a middle man in the print lab and they dont like the battery usage in digital cameras (they have a 2.1 MP).?

2. Sean

Sean Admin Staff Member Admin

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    well, basically all you would need is some closet space, an exhaust fan, and some enlarging equipment. You could probably find a complete package on ebay going cheap. Most school papers are probably going digital now, since the print quality is not the best in these papers the originals don't need to be that great.. My high school offered basic photography classses so had a small darkroom.

3. Grady O

Grady O Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'd put an add in the local paper. A lot of people have old darkrooms that are no longer used and would probably be willing to donate it.

4. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Well if they have a problem with battery usage as a cost concern then they shouldn't be getting into a darkroom.

You can pick up an old enlarger for real cheap on eBay or maybe a yardsale in your town. But then they have to keep purchasing expendables like paper, chemicals, film etc.

When they sit down and do the math I'm sure a good set of rechargables and a charger will be a lot cheaper for them in the long run.

Maybe not as much fun for you tho. I sit in front of a computer all day, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of it at night playing with PhotoShop.