Darkroom project in Marrickville, Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia' started by jars121, Dec 9, 2012.

1. jars121

jars121 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello fellow Aussie APUGers,

Myself and 2 mates are in the process of setting up a small darkroom in a standalone building in Marrickville. The space is connected with water and power, and we will be setting it up with designated dry and wet sides. At the moment, we have a Durst L1200 4x5 enlarger on the way, and we have plans of setting up a Jobo ATL-1500 for film processing as well. Ideally we would have 5-6 members of this 'exclusive' darkroom team, so I wanted to extend an invitation to any APUGers looking to get stuck into printing. Bear in mind, none of us have extensive printing experience, so this will be a learning exercise!

We're about to sign a 12 month lease on the place, and the price is extremely good!

PM me on here or leave a comment below and I'll get back to you about pricing etc.

Cheers!

2. spatz

spatz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Awesome! I live in Ryde and would be keen to know how you guys go. I would be particularly interested in doing some e6/c41 film processing as lab prices in sydney are prohibitively expensive...

3. jars121

jars121 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I live in St.Ives mate, just down the road! E-6 will be a breeze in the Jobo, and will cost a fraction of the (ridiculous) price being charged at the moment. We can only really get this project off the ground with 4 people or more, so unless we get at least 1 more person, this dream may come to an end!

4. quickbrownfox

quickbrownfox Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    huh i often work in st peters, even though i have a darkroom at home i would be interested in sharing some c41 or e6 with others! not sure if that what you had in mind though :D

5. jars121

jars121 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    PM on the way :smile:

6. Aarleks

Aarleks Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey jars,
    I'm in Dulwich Hill and would love access to a darkroom nearby. Like you I have very little printing experience, but I'm pretty keen to learn more.

Cheers,
    Alex

7. Tony Egan

Tony Egan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good luck. I hope it goes well. I am well set up but having built a few darkrooms over the years happy to offer advice or provide contacts for people in Sydney who might have sinks and other darkroom stuff at good prices.

8. Stephen Frizza

Stephen Frizza Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If you need any assistance I have worked in various pro labs and have run my own for almost 8 years. if you require any assistance or advice feel free to contact me. Always happy to help the photographic community.

Steve Frizza - The Lighthouse Lab

9. Enrico Scotece

Enrico Scotece Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Good man Stephen!