Darkroom Sample Prints

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by Bob Carnie, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Elevator is bringing Les Mclean back to Toronto for a week long workshop in July and as well he will be replacing me at Elevator for my two week vacation July 16.
    He will have full axcess to my darkroom and he will be offering Darkroom Sample prints from client negatives. With these prints he will include his darkroom notes on the steps he has taken to produce a final print..
    Fred Picker did this in the early 80's and I still have the prints.
    I would imagine the pricing Les sets out would be Elevators normal print prices in Canadian dollars which you can sort out at www.elevatordigital.ca.
    Anyone interested in seeing Les's split printing methods on your negatives please pm me and I will set it up

2. Dinesh

Dinesh Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you haven't taken one of Les' workshops, you are truly robbing yourself of an opportunity to significantly improve your darkroom techniques.

3. wfe

wfe Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have to agree with Dinesh, if you can make it, do it!!! You will not regret it.

Cheers,
    Bill

4. Lopaka

Lopaka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Just returned from a few days in Canada and had the chance to spend a day in the darkroom with Les. A great experience and well worth the effort. Les is a great teacher and a person well worth knowing as well.

Bob