Darkroominus Minimus

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by seadrive, Sep 18, 2005.

1. seadrive

seadrive Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For the benefit of those of you who are financially and/or situationally challenged, I offer you the following thumbnail image of my state-of-the-art darkroom.

Please note that the wet side (everything on the washing machine) is separated from the dry side (everything on the clothes dryer) by that huge 6" gap between the washer and dryer. Doesn't it just bring a tear to your eye?

Also please notice that my enlarger (that would be the bullet reflector with 30 watt bulb, hanging from the rafters above the dryer) has the latest in modern diffusion materials (a piece of copy paper, attached with scotch tape). Yes, it's plugged into the "A" outlet of my latest addition, a GraLab 605 timer (I sorta miss the "turn light on; one-thousand-one, one-thousand-two, one-thousand-three; turn light off" exposure method <sigh>).

Of course, all this high-tech gadgetry would be of little use, without my trusty 8x10 Premier contact printer, which requires so much force to close the back that I'm wondering how long it wil be, before I push it through the rusting top of the dryer <sigh>.

Submitted for your viewing pleasure! :smile:

Attached Files:

2. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    It's good to have the wet side on the washing machine, since with this running you shouldn't have to agitate the trays too much. It all makes me grateful that I have a proper darkroom; that's one with a stool to rest on!

3. thedarkroomstudios

thedarkroomstudios Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    and here I thought you were using the flying lint from the exhaust hose as your diffuser!

4. raucousimages

raucousimages Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    It's what you do with what you got that counts. Great job!!!

5. MurrayMinchin

MurrayMinchin Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Edward Weston's spirit is pleased :smile:

Murray

6. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good thing I work in a darkroom, our washer and dryer stack on top of each other!

Nice little space, I applaud your ingenuity.

7. MurrayMinchin

MurrayMinchin Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I'm a lucky man. My wife agreed to let me have the laundry room for a darkroom and we moved the washer and dryer into our bedroom closet. Because relationships are 50/50 and all about give and take, she was breading cats for a few years so they got the garage...she doesn't breed cats anymore and I'm still printing in what used to be the laundry room :smile:

Murray

8. seadrive

seadrive Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm still working out the agitation timing differences between permanent press and heavy duty. :confused:

I forgot to point out the two most important things found in any state-of-the-art darkroom like this: duct tape and a pair of scissors! :smile:

9. dancqu

dancqu Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I got rid of the washer and dryer then removed one
    of two sinks of the two sink counter. Using the single
    tray processing method I'm good for 16x20s. Dan