Darkrooms in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by BocaNY, Feb 26, 2013.

1. BocaNY

BocaNY Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi Everyone.

I am currently traveling around Australia at the moment and was wondering if anyone can tell me places where I can print. I mostly do B&W but I also have color. Also if anyone knows of any places in SOutheast Asia can you let me know.
    :D
    Cheers!

2. Molli

Molli Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What does your itinerary look like? I'm in Victoria right down south. I've just rearranged my house to accommodate a new enlarger so my "darkroom" is now in the spare room rather than the laundry meaning that prints are dumped in a bucket and held there until the end of my printing session to be washed in the other room. So, that being said, I have a darkroom if you don't mind ad hoc :smile: I also have a tank and chemicals for you to dev black and white film. I just read your intro thread where you were looking for ideas for developing film on the road. Anyway, while I can't help you out with developing colour, there is a local lab for that.

Let us know where you're travelling specifically. There may be others nearer to your destinations (and most definitely better set up than I am) who can help you out, too.

3. Enrico Scotece

Enrico Scotece Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
  4. BocaNY

BocaNY Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks guys. Well I am currently 2hrs outside of Melbourne. I am suppose to be heading towards the Gold Coast but my visa is almost done and I have to leave. Haven't decided if I'll do a visa run or not.

5. SteveR

SteveR Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    G'day mate, I've just caught up with your thread now, I'm just down the coast from Melbourne, in Geelong, have a shed converted to a darkroom that you're welcome to use (if you're still around here). I'm moving house in te next couple weeks to a place that will (hopefully) double the size of the darkroom, just give me a week to make sure it's light-tight and it'll be up and running again. B&W only, formats from 35mm->4x5 ...or anything you can contact print :wink: