Data sheet for Rodinal

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by spb854, Sep 2, 2007.

1. spb854

spb854 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Is there somewhere out in "internet land" a data sheet for Rodinal like the ones for the Kodak developers?

I like Kodak's info on their sheets, but I've looked everywhere I can think of and cannot find one for Rodinal.

Does one exist?

2. Bruce Osgood

Bruce Osgood Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have an Agfa Rodinal PDF that I have no idea where I got it from. I don't know how to send it to you or I would. But it is out htere somewhere.

I guess you've tried a Google Search on Rodinal.

3. john_s

john_s Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have several editions of the Agfa pdf file on film developers. The later ones include times for the revised AgfaPan400, but otherwise are much the same. The later editions have more typographical errors, though. PM me and I'll email one to you. I also have an Agfa page with data for many films, including some now obsolete ones. Worth a read if you're interested in 1+100 use.

4. Lee L

Lee L Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. Charlie-J

Charlie-J Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    spb854

Be careful with the Agfa dev times on the data sheet, they are a bit on long side.

Charlie

6. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a PDF from AGFA with technical info for all their film developers. PM me your email if you want to have a copy.

7. fschifano

fschifano Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've found that to be true also, and one of the reasons I dislike Rodinal for many applications. The documentation states that these development times coupled with the recommended agitation schedule result in negatives with a contrast index of about .65. "Normal" contrast yields a contrast index of .55 to .58. To get box speed, you wind up with higher than normal contrast. Sometimes this is what you want, other times not.

8. Fotohuis

Fotohuis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  9. steelneck

steelneck Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Stumble upon this old discussion and thought that i could contribute to some other reader.

Here is a page from a more than 15 year old datasheet from true Agfa Rodinal, it does differ a bit from those in this old discussion. The times are shorter, except for Kodak films(??).

Attached Files: