Dejur condenser enlarger model to fit DeJur Koolite cold light head

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by chippewa309, May 31, 2012.

1. chippewa309

chippewa309 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Years ago I found a DeJur Koolite cold light head at a fleamarket. I now have a need of a 4x5 enlarger and I'm trying to figure out what DeJur condenser models this would fit. Then I can begin a search for the model I need. Anybody know?

2. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    how big is it?---as far as I know there was only the "versatile professional" that was 4x5--I have one of these with parts from 2 others if you're interested--also have a medium format one--the versatile II

pleaes email me if interested: johnielvis@aol.com

3. chippewa309

chippewa309 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe it's big enough to be 4x5. I'll measure it and get some pics of it, maybe you can tell easier that way.

4. chippewa309

chippewa309 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here's a couple of shots. It's a little beat up, but it works fine. The inside diameter of the head is approximately 5 13/16". The nameplate on the front says 'Versatile Koolite Model I-II'. Does this fit the 4x5 Versatile Professional?

Attached Files:

5. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    oh--that's easy--Idon't even have to go to the storage to measure---

the diagonal of 4x5 is about 6.4 inches..so that will be for the smaller model--possibly the versatile II that I have--that's a 6x9 enlarger--that I'll measure and see but for sure that light you have won't be big enough fo ANY 4x5 enlarger

6. chippewa309

chippewa309 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Dang. I already have an Omega C760XL that I can print medium format with. I need a 4x5 enlarger now.

7. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    oh well...you're better off with a regular condenser anyways---oR--if you must have cold...put in a cfl or one of them new led floodlights with no condensers in it...that lookslike it'll work.

8. graywolf

graywolf Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Better off not looking for a particular brand enlarger in 4x5. Much better to look for what you can find locally. Shipping on big enlargers is horrendous. Years back I bought a DeJur off eBay, arrived poorly packed with broken castings, turned out the brass roller was worn to the point where the enlarger could not be aligned. That one was a pre-war one, steel, cast iron, brass, and glass and weighed over 50 pounds. Shipping is three times as high now than it was back then. Hence my suggestion that you look for an enlarger within reasonable driving distance.

9. chippewa309

chippewa309 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I agree. Just looking on Craig's List there are great deals on darkroom equipment. People are selling off stuff like crazy at give away prices. I've seen Beseler and Omega 4x5 enlargers for well under $200, some as low as $100 with timers, cold light heads and other stuff.