Demekin 110 Camera

Discussion in 'Lo-Fi Cameras' started by gr82bart, Mar 11, 2008.

1. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Came across this little beauty: http://www.superheadz.com/demekin/

Very kewl. Now I need to get one. Anyone ever order from these guys? Though I need someone who reads Japanese to tell me how much this thing costs.

BTW My local Wal-Mart had a stock of 20 - yes twenty - rolls of Kodak 110 film the other day.

Regards, Art.

2. pauliej

pauliej Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Art, remember to ALWAYS buy the film before you buy the camera. Else, it's Hay, Where can I get some obsolete (and obviously out-dated) film for this obsolete camera???

I hope this helps you.

Paul

3. cgmoyer

cgmoyer Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    They got some crazy cameras! WIsh I could understand the site too. I bought some 110 film recently at Walgreens. Its a drugstore chain in the US. Color 200 speed is about it.

4. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Bought all 16 rolls at the local Wal-Mart last Saturday. And my local Walgreens has 14 rolls on the shelf when I was there last night.

Don't rain on my parade! :D

Regards, Art.

5. pauliej

pauliej Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I hadnt thought about this before, but where the heck can you get this film size developed these days? Just wondering...

Paul

6. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wal-Mart and Walgreen's will develop it. Well, they'll send it out for development. $14 for development and two sets of 5x7 prints.

Regards, Art.

7. sfadam

sfadam Member

Shooter:
    35mm Pan
    i've always wanted one of these but they're so expensive now that the dollar isn't worth anything overseas.
    you can get 110 processed @ dwaynes for cheap.

8. kraker

kraker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Batches of Kodak 400 (best before ??/2008) and Fujicolor 200 (??/2009) still show up regularly on *bay, and Ferrania 110 film (200 iso) is -as far as I know- still in production. Stashing up on 110 film shouldn't be a problem.

Probably not interesting for you, but in the Netherlands, there's a chain of stores where I can drop off anything from 110 to 220. In my region, this is sent to a Fuji center. Sure enough, 110, 120 and 220 always takes them a bit longer (that's an understatement...) to process than 35mm. That always makes me wonder about what happens when they receive my non-35mm film. "Hm, what the beep is this?" "Oh I dunno, just put it aside until Friday, when our oldest employee is back. He'll probably know what to do with it..." :smile:

9. srs5694

srs5694 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    My local Walgreens (a US drug store chain) has store-brand 110 film (made by Fuji). US mail-order photo outfits have it, too; I think B&H does, for instance (although I'm too lazy to check right now). I'm pretty sure that only color negative 110 film is being made, though. I've heard of people re-spooling B&W and slide film, but it sounds like a bit of a pain, and the frame spacing is likely to be weird with most cameras, since "real" 110 film has one registration mark for each frame, and those are hard to replicate.

More likely they need to wait to get enough of it to make a run worthwhile. They aren't doing the processing in single-roll tanks like I do, or even run it through minilab machines one roll at a time; they've got to splice the rolls together with others of like format, so they need a certain number of rolls to fill their machine.

10. Sino

Sino Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Art,

Looks cool but nothing special, apart from the camera's appearance. If the price under the camera is in YEN, then 2,940.00 JPY = 29.7714 USD.

-Sino.

11. gr82bart

gr82bart Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    But, but, but .... it's a fisheye! A 110 fisheye - how cool is that.

Regards, Art.