Deminishing film types

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by ajuk, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ajuk

ajuk Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I know most pros are abandoning film or already have left right and center, and it would seem that the larger the format used the more likely a pro is to still be using film? I don't know what the situation is now but I do remember just a few years ago a small majority of pros said they they still use film some work. (was that a a poll of all types of pro photographers?)

You know I feel for pros who still need to use LF out of necessity, are there still pros who need to use LF or is it all scanning backs now? I'm guessing they're still quite expensive, not very portable and no good for anything that moves, so are there pros out there who are having a hard time due to lack of films, I'm guessing their use of the films enough wasn't enough to keep it going after its use deminished much quicker in other formats? With diminishing film types the demise of all Tungsten film is it a serious problem for for pros or not a problem?

BTW somehow Lomo now make a Tungsten film, I have no idea how?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2012
  2. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    As for your Lomo Tungsten example...That is quite curious. I wonder if it is Ektachrome 64T or Fujichrome 64.....

3. clayne

clayne Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Plenty of cinema stock available as tungsten too. Neg tho.

4. Sirius Glass

Sirius Glass Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I still use film exclusively for 35mm, 120 and 4"x5". I do not know anyone who uses a digital back for LF. The backs are expensive and still not as good as film.

Steve