Denver Art Museum - Exposure: Photos from the Vault

Discussion in 'Denver' started by toro_mike, May 27, 2010.

1. toro_mike

toro_mike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For those in the Denver area who do not know yet. The Denver Art Museum is running an exhibition of photographs...

Here is the link to their website exhibition page. I haven't seen it yet, but definitely plan to!

Here is the description:
    If anybody went already, let us all know how it was!

Mike

2. enitka

enitka Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The exhibit is mildly interesting. The size devoted to exhibiting photography is paltry in my opinion - not sure it really shows DAM/s commitment to photography. I think one can see more/better photography at the private gallery Camera Obscura down the street. I went to the curator's talk a couple of weeks ago and was not that impressed. When an audience member asked what his criteria were or would be for selection he gave a real off the cuff remark - not what I would expect from a curator. The exhibit is a must see but we'll see if it blossoms. They do have an upcoming exhibit by Robert Adams which looks to be very exciting

3. toro_mike

toro_mike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the review enitka. Interesting... Well, if they get a lot of interest, maybe the will take it more seriously. One can always hope.

Thanks again!
    Mike