dev time for TXP in Pyrocat

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Max, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Max

Max Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I have a box of undeveloped TXP negs that I'd like to try in Pyrocat - what's a good starting time?

2. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Is this new or old TRI-X?

Sandy

3. Max

Max Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    New, I think? I got it about a year ago. (it was the first 8x10 tri-x I ever bought.)

4. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Assuming you will be printing on graded silver papers I would recommend a time of about nine minutes at 72ºF with the 1:1:100 dilution, using rotary processing. Add about 15-20% to the time for tray or tank develoment with agitation every minute or so. For printing on silver VC papers I would increase development time about 25%. I can not be very precise about this because I have not done much testing with VC papers.

If you happen to be printing on AZO #2 I would recommend about 16 minutes at 72ºF with the 2:2:100 dilution, again with rotary processing and increase times for develoment in tank or tray. As you can see, this is not a very fast responsive film.

Sandy

5. Max

Max Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Wow - thanks! I would have been waaay off with my initial guess (which was around 12 min at 68 deg in a tray, shooting to print on Azo)...