developers

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Terrick E. Meakin, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Terrick E. Meakin

Terrick E. Meakin Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    has anyone out there any info on Promicrol film dev and Suprol paper dev, I have just been given some, am told it's fresh but there is no info. IE times and dilutions, my favourite films are Neopan 400, Delta 100, and occasionally TMZ, thank in advance, Terrick.

2. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A web search suggests it was discontinued quite a while ago. So I watch for the definition of "fresh" with interest.:smile:

3. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  4. gainer

gainer Subscriber

Try the APUG search button at the top right.

5. craigclu

craigclu Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm assuming this version is using chemistry which varies from the HEAP sulfate that the original version was said to have in it? This developer always interested me from things that I have read but I assumed it was unlikely I'd ever be able to try it. Are there MSDS type sheets for UK products? Perhaps it would show if the HEAP sulfate (2(beta-hydroxyethyl) aminophenol sulphate) is part of the developer?

6. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Promicrol was re-formulated when production of the developing agent stopped & supplies ran out. Hydroxyethyl-o-aminophenol sulphate was used in large quantities for a non photographic manufacturing process when that ceased it wasn't commercially viable to manufacture the small quantities required for photographic use.

Agfa Atomal also used the same developing agent and Calbe are thought to have reformulated A49 with CD-1 or CD-2

Suprol is a superb developer very similar to Ilford PQ Universal, used quite dilute it's also an excellent fine grain film developer and was oftenused in commercial B&W labs back in the 70's in large processing lines.

Ian