Devere lens 50/80

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by clwyd, Oct 23, 2008.

1. clwyd

clwyd Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi, yet another question. The devere enlarger came with a 80mm lens which focuses fine, as I'm using 35mm I tried a nikor 50mm lens in but could not focus this, do i need some sort of recessed lens board or a different make of lens? or should I just carry on with the 80mm.
    Thanks Chris

2. Breunes

Breunes Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  3. Mick Fagan

Mick Fagan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Chris, the 50 does use a recessed holder.

The 80 will do for now, as the enlarger is capable of quite large enlargements, you will be able to do reasonably large stuff with 35mm film.

I often do small prints from 35mm with my 100 enlarging lens, coupled with the very long bellows I can actually make very fine small prints, almost to same size in fact.

The trade off is longer exposures, I don't really think much else would matter.

I would though, look around for a correct 50mm holder, picking one up at the right price, (whatever that may be) when you see one.

Always best not to rush these things.

Mick.

4. clwyd

clwyd Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I sort of figured I was using the wrong type of holder. I'm getting the hang of it now and am finding that I have a far greater level of control than I did with the durst enlarger I have been using, the timer/contrast controller is a dream to use. ManyThanks Chris.