Did any of you ever buy gear from collectablecameras.com?

Discussion in 'UK All Regions' started by cmo, Oct 30, 2010.

1. cmo

cmo Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Well, that is the whole question... is that a serious company? I never heard about them before but found some gear on their site that I would like to buy.

2. joelr

joelr Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've never ordered online. Their store is local to me here in Phoenix,AZ. I've purchased a number of lenses, bodies, and sundry items from them over the years. They've always seemed knowledgable and well staffed. They definately have the film era expertise, being "colllectible" oriented and all. They aren't a fly by night if thats what your worried about. I can't speak to return policies etc. I've never had to return anything. If they've got what you want, give them a try.

3. mcgrattan

mcgrattan Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If you mean the UK based one, http://www.collectablecameras.com/ then yes, I've used them a couple of times, with no problems. Excellent service, in fact. I had one item ordered from them with a minor problem [damaged cable connector on a flash, but not something that'd have been obvious on an inspection] and they sorted it out promptly and with no problems at all.

4. jnanian

jnanian Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    i bought a penft from them. they are a good company,
    and i would have no trouble buying from them again.

5. tim k

tim k Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If your speaking of the outfit in Phoenix, yes. The product arrived as promised.

6. Chris Livsey

Chris Livsey Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A bit late but in case it shows in a search I have bought from the UK version. Nice people to deal with very honest descriptions and prompt service.

7. cmo

cmo Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    In the meanwhile I received my package - everything is fine. Good description, fast delivery.

8. Nicholas Lindan

Nicholas Lindan Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, but from which one - Phoenix, USA or Yorkshire, UK?

9. cmo

cmo Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    From the UK.

10. pityacka

pityacka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Collectable Cameras in Yorkshire - very good to deal with. I have bought from them, and their prices are lower as they do not have High Street business premises. Missed a Leica R camera 3 weeks ago. I think it was Mint -, or thereabouts, but it seemed to have been snapped up straightaway. If you get the chance to visit Simon's premises, it is well worth a visit, but take plenty money with you - you will be drooling, and want to buy, buy, buy. !