Difference b/t RB67 and Pro-S designated RB67

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by TheDigitalMonster, Nov 6, 2005.

1. TheDigitalMonster

TheDigitalMonster Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    What is the difference b/t RB67 and Pro-S designated RB67.

I have a chance to buy a pro-s for $600 w/ 90mm lens, non-metered prism, 2 120 backs, 2 darkslides, a 77mm Red filter and a lens hood.

2. Elox

Elox Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  3. Elox

Elox Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hit return too fast. :smile: Have you noticed the RB kit that someone is selling on APUG? I would seem to be a better deal......

4. TheDigitalMonster

TheDigitalMonster Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I havent if you send the link i'd really like to see what they are offering w. it.

5. Paul Sorensen

Paul Sorensen Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here it is: http://www.apug.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=209

The listing does not say ProS, but if you look at the photo of the side up close, at least the body is. I might want to make sure that it has a ProS back as well. It has two lenses and a prism. Pretty nice set up.

6. TheDigitalMonster

TheDigitalMonster Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Tx Paul.

I keep telling my friend hes not going to get 600 for it. Maybe 500 since its in immaculate condition (10-20 rolls put through, and that might be pushing it), but I've seen the exact same kit(even w.o the lens) on ebay for $400-500.

7. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The one listed here is a very good buy.

Dave

8. gnashings

gnashings Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well - not so fast: a pristine ProS is very likely to fetch that much. And it would be worth every penny to a person who cares about the cosmetic condition of his gear (and many people do). The one here on APUG is an exceptional deal (as in: I woud be buying it right now if I had the cash!). Most of the ones that go for that much on eB@y are not as nice, usually not ProS's and often come with a 220 back (a dirty trick I noticed with a lot of them that advertise "2 backs!", 220 film is not the easiest film to get your hands on...).
    Your friend may very well get his asking price due to the condition - but for someone looking to get a "user" in good mechanical condition, yes, there are better deals out there. But few if any as good as the one on our classifieds.

And one more thing: buy one - you'll love it!

9. Travis Nunn

Travis Nunn Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    check out www.keh.com. I'm much more comfortable buying from them than from people on ebay.

10. haris

haris Guest

Two monthe ago I bought proS starter kit (body, 120 magazine, WLF and 127/3.8) for about 500EUR. Keep in mind I am in Europe, where proces are higher than is USA, and another reason for buying at that price is I know previous user/seller and I know man who maintained that equipment. And it comes in great working and cosmetic condition. Want to say I was ready to pay more for reliable source, instead to try luck on net, and maybe to be in need to pay for additional CLA or even repairing.

11. Mongo

Mongo Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Last year I picked up a starter kit with a WLF, 120 back, 90mm lens, and Pro-S body, all in Excellent condition, for $320 from KEH. I noted a few weeks ago that similar sets on KEH were closer to $350. (Note that KEH had my system listed as "Bargain" condition, but as so often happens with KEH, their Bargain condition is much better than expected.)

Getting $600 for the setup listed is going to be a stretch unless you can find a collector. Users don't care if the body has had 10 rolls or 100 rolls through the camera, because an RB will go far, far beyond 100 rolls without problems.

So if you want to collect the camera, $600 is fine. If you want to use the camera, the one listed here on APUG is a much better deal. Or check KEH...many of us have purchased "Bargain" condition items from them and gotten equipment that looks fairly new.

Be well.
    Dave

12. Travis Nunn

Travis Nunn Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'll second Dave's comment on bargain condition items from keh. I've purchased a rb67 body and back, 2 lenses and a metered prism, all in "bargain" condition and they are in great shape, all for quite a bit less than $600