Dipping cage for reels

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by presspass, Sep 25, 2011.

1. presspass

presspass Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm going back to replenished Xtol - never should have left. I use the hard rubber Kodak tanks with floating lids and have a thing I had made up - two stainless rods that each hold three Jobo reels. I have read that Hewes makes a cage that holds reels and that seems a bit more suited to the job. Are they still made? For that matter, is Hewes still in business?
    Thanks,

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Rick A

Rick A Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to Apug, come and stay a long time. We have a Pennsy Photo group that you may wish to join, hopefully we get many people from around the state and can arrange meet-ups.

4. alecj

alecj Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    What size reels are you using? What size tank? I've got a couple of reel cages for 8x10 tanks that hold 35 or 120 reels.

5. Ken Nadvornick

Ken Nadvornick Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link, Matt. I didn't know Hewes manufactured all of those tanks, hangers, cages, clips and other goodies. If the rest is as high quality as their reels, then its definitely worth looking into...

:smile:

Ken

6. GraemeMitchell

GraemeMitchell Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You can order most of that large tank stuff, including cages via B&H in nyc. Though it's special order, so takes a few weeks to drop ship.

Or hunt around online. I just picked up a second cage for a 3.5 gallon tank online. People are happy to get rid of them usually.