Distance scale for Mamiya TLR 105mm DS

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Michel Hardy-Vallée, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know if it's possible to find somewhere extra distance scales for the 105mm f3.5 DS to use on the C330?

Only the C330s come built-in with the proper scale, and I have an older model calibrated for the back focus of the pre-DS lens.

Or if anyone could draw it 1:1 on a sheet of paper, it would be fine. I'd just like to mark my camera for infinity focus and a few other points.

2. grahamp

grahamp Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The C330 series uses a rod with distance scales on it. It is supposed to be user-exchangable (if you can find the right version (metres/feet and focal length set)). You might try a scale on the lensboard reading from the front of the camera. The earlier versions worked that way. Just focus the camera on items at infinity, 20 feet, 10 feet, 3 feet, or whatever, and mark the label. Try this link and look at the C220 left side picture. I'm suggesting a linear scale like the exposure compensation scale at the bottom of this picture.
    http://www.gapatterson.com/grahamp/c220/c220.html

To be honest, I rarely if ever use distance scales. Exposure compensation and parallax indication, sometimes.

3. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My C330 Pro (not Pro F or Pro S) has the scale marked for the 105mm D and DS (same scale).

I am not the original owner, so it's possible it was replaced with a new version at some point in time.

4. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Yes, I was scouring high and low to find a replacement scale, but I don't think too many people ever bought them.

Wanna trade? Unless you're using the 105mm DS, of course.