Do you have a Fuji PA-45 film holder? I have a question for you.

Discussion in 'Instant Cameras, Backs and Film' started by cordeliaflyte, Dec 28, 2008.

1. cordeliaflyte

cordeliaflyte Member

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    I'm drawing up plans for a 4x5 wooden pinhole camera my cousin is building for me (we're bartering that for my design of his woodworking website).

I want to design it so it can accept regular 4x5 film holders AND the Fuji PA-45 for their medium format instant pack film. I have regular film holders here I can measure, but am not yet the proud owner of one of these newfangled $200 Fuji backs.

If you have one, could you do me a huge favor and measure it for me? Height, width, depth and anything else I should know about. I'm drawing the plans with mm, but any measurements (inches, cm, whatever) are fine.

THANKS!
    annie
    (aka cordeliaflyte)

2. hal9000

hal9000 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Annie, I have a PA-45 film holder. Here are its measurements:
    height: 26.5 mm
    width: 120 mm
    length: kind of hard to say. The bottom piece extends about 170mm from the raised portion containing the rollers, the top piece extends about 182mm. The entire length (including the roller compartment) is about 218mm.
    Hope this helps!
    Regards, Hal

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2008
  3. hal9000

hal9000 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Annie, I just checked the manual I have for the PA-45 holder, here are the specifications as listed therein:
    Picture size: 8.9 x 11.8 cm
    Focal plane: 4.75 mm from mounting surface
    Dimensions: 51 x 227 x 144 mm (H x L x W).
    The indicated height includes the roller compartment of course.
    Regards,
    Hal

4. Ralph Javins

Ralph Javins Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good morning, HAL 9000;

(1.) I like your chosen name. I still miss Frank, but what Dave accomplished was impressive.

(2.) Thank you for the dimensions. I might be able to get one of the PA-45 holders here.