Does anyone have any experience using Ilford multigrade rc express?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by frotog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. frotog

frotog Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I'm planning on printing a b/w portfolio of 35mm images full frame and full bleed. I don't want to trim down 11x14's so I'm thinking of getting a 11" wide roll of RC and cutting to size using my nifty meteor-seigen automatic roll cutter (ebay score). I don't want to use fibre-based paper because I plan to process with a roller transport machine. Apparently the only b/w RC paper currently available is Ilford's multigrade rc express. I've never used this stuff before. Does anyone have any experience with express? Does it compare favorably to multigrade iv rc de luxe?

2. Simon R Galley

Simon R Galley Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Dear Frotog,

The Technical Info is all available on the ILFORD Photo website, Its meant for high speed exposure and processing, the image quality is almost identical to normal MUTIGRADE papers, I do not know where you are based but the only thing is that it would have to a 'distributor' order, and we have minimum roll quantities for manufacture. Again that can be checked in the PAL ( Product Availability List )

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

3. Simon R Galley

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Normal MULTIGRADE is available in some narrow roll sizes as well

Simon.

4. Bob-D659

Bob-D659 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  5. ath

ath Member

Shooter:
    35mm
  6. david b

david b Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I bought a roll of this stuff. 4 inches by 500 feet. I used it for 4x5 contact prints. Worked just fine. Still have a ton of it left.

7. frotog

frotog Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks to everyone who responded. Simon, I checked the PAL for ilford express glossy, 11"x250' - it says the item is nonstock. This is strange as my distributer, Unique Photo in N.J. told me they can get it in a week to 10 days. Is my distributer unaware of the special order status for this particular roll or could it be that there exists rolls from previous manufacturing runs? If my distributer is wrong and the roll is unavailable, how many rolls need to be ordered to satisfy the minimum order? Thanks! BTW, I'm on the E. coast of the US.

8. Simon R Galley

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    If Unique can get it for you in this timescale it means it is held as a stock item with our USA distributor WYNIT Inc.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.