Does anyone knows Which Linhof model is this camera ?

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by photoworks68, Jul 29, 2014.

1. photoworks68

photoworks68 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Could anyone tell me what is the exact model of Linhof 4x5 camera this is :

there es the number 36020 on the hot shoe which I assume is the serial number but I am not sure.
    IMG_1019.png
    IMG_1021.png
    IMG_1027.png

2. duparis00

duparis00 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looks like a Linhoff Techika III

3. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. photoworks68

photoworks68 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I lok on those two lnk but I am unable to deternine which version of Technika III it is and I am unable to find the right manual for it.
    rf_housing.png
    Photo 1

Linhof_technica.png
    photo 2

I was able to determine how to operate the camera. However two points remain unknown :

- does the RF housing (on top of the camera, where the serial number can be found (see photo number 1) serves a well as flash bracket,
    - What is the use of the level next to the focusing knob (see photo 2).

By the way here are a few pictures I shot with the camera :

43.jpg 44.jpg 31.jpg
    28.jpg 29.jpg hypnotic_poison.png

5. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Photo 1 shows a cold shoe, where you would normally mount a viewfinder--either a zoom finder or a wire-frame finder usually, the latter with a sight in the shoe and the wire frame on the front standard. The rangefinder is the thing with an eyepiece on the back and two holes on the front on the right side of the camera. To work, you need a cam in the camera specific to the lens and the camera body (serial number matched to both), and the rangefinder needs to be in good calibration. The viewfinder and the rangefinder operate independently from each other, so you need to set the subject distance and focal length on the viewfinder to frame after focusing with the rangefinder.

Is there a level in photo 2? If there is, it's for leveling the base of the camera. There is also usually a bullseye level on top of a Tech III. Some Technikas have a block for mounting a cable release in the spot you've circled in photo 2, but cable releases that fit there are no longer made and are hard to find.

6. Farside

Farside Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The flash bracket is the vertical slide attaching rails on the side of the rangefinder housing. If I ever shoot flash with my Tech III, I'll use a Metz hammerhead with easy mounting to the base of the camera, instead.