Double accessory shoe? Shoe spacer?

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by mcgrattan, Oct 31, 2006.

1. mcgrattan

mcgrattan Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I just picked up a nice Kodak Retina 35-80 accessory viewfinder (for use on my various screw-mount rangefinder bodies). It's big and bright and clear and has parallax correction.

However, it doesn't quite clear the shutter speed dial on my Fed camera (and probably won't clear the speed on the Zorki I have coming).

Can anyone recommend a source for something that'll raise it slightly in the shoe or displace it to the side? Something like the Voigtlander double shoe would be handy but they are nearly £40 gbp which is more than the camera and the finder combined.

Anyone made a bracket like this? I'm thinking of taking a junk camera maybe and use the shoe from that along with a bracket of some kind.

2. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I bought one of those years ago. I am not sure that they are still made. As I recall, it was used as a light trigger.

3. copake_ham

copake_ham Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
    They are still available. There are different "heights" (3 I believe) depending on the clearance you need.

I got mine from Cameraquest so I could use both a shoe mounted light meter and various VF's with my Nikon S2.

I believe that B&H also sells them.