Dr Mark and his Large Format Work

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by Bob Carnie, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Folks
    My good friend and client Dr Mark will be featured this Sun Sept 9th on CBC News Sunday between 10 & noon. Hopefully he will not get bumped if so you can see the clip at www.cbc.ca/sunday/
    This will be a 8 min story , that follows him to a few of his patients homes to do house calls and I believe he will be carrying his camera in this clip.
    He just recently quit his successful office practice to be one very few full time practicing home care physcians in Canada.
    I have mentioned Marks work before, the National Film Board won a Gemini in Vancover last year for a 1hr documentary that was called House Calls which feature Mark.* I had a bit part that should have gotten me the best supporting actor award*
    Mark is generous with his time and lectures all over Canada on his project the cause he is so passionate for.
    APUG should be proud of its role hidden role in helping Mark. He has been a lurker on this site since the beginning days and he has learned all kinds of helpful tips from this site.
    He uses a 4x5 handheld Linhoff, and uses a variety of lighting equipment from flash bulbs to strobe to natural light.
    He is the one who introduced me to APUG and Large Format and when he wins the Order of Canada, I will certainley be there to shine his shoes before he enters the hall for his award.

2. thebanana

thebanana Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Sounds like a great clip Bob! Hope I'm up by noon so I can catch it:D

3. John McCallum

John McCallum Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the link Bob. Took a real interest in Dr Mark's work when you first mentioned it. Will look out for the clip.

4. MurrayMinchin

MurrayMinchin Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the heads-up :smile:

Murray

5. Bob Carnie

Bob Carnie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    Sorry , I did not get warning myself, until last night , the clip ran today and once again it was great.

6. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
  7. BWKate

BWKate Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the post, Bob and bringing us news of this!
    Great stuff.