Drawer Full-O-Graflex Parts

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by mgphoto, Jul 7, 2006.

1. mgphoto

mgphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    A while back, I rescued a large set of parts drawers, filled with small parts, from an old camera repair shop. Amongst the bounty is a drawer full of small Graflex parts, i.e. focusing scales, viewfinder parts, body and standard parts, etc.

Since I can't use them all :D, I would like to make them available for sale but am just not sure of the best way to market them. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
    Mark

2. k_jupiter

k_jupiter Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

First off, if you find a set of 4x5 Pacemaker inner rails, you send them to me with a reasonable price tag affixed and I will always be in your debt.

Then take the rest, sort it out and make some sort of reasonable batches out of it and sell it on EBay. You'll make a mint.

Or send it to me, mark it up 10% and I'll take care of it.

tim in san jose
    2x3 Speed
    2x3 Crown
    3x4 Speed
    4x5 Speed
    3x4 rb

3. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Any clamps for holding flashes?

4. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jupiter is right. Check ebay ads to see what wells well. Cams for top rangefinders and infinity stops are sometimes hot items. Front standards for Crown/Pacemaker cameras fit on Anniversary models, and make the oldies a little more versatile. Odd size viewfinder masks are scarce. Extra front standards can be mounted on the camera as stages for micro photography. Once you've sold the more desirable items individually, offer the rest in lots.

5. RichSBV

RichSBV Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    If you did happen to ain a hord of cams, Super or Pacemaker, I would greatly asppreciate the oportunity to either buy or borrown any of htem. I try to collect accurate scans of these for access to those who want to make their own, and I'm in need of a few myself ;-) Thanks...

6. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    And put me down as interested in Anniversary type (non-folding) Speed Graphic infinity stops -- I have one, I really need four, and I'd rather have the real deal than try to fabricate a set (though I'm pretty sure I can fab them if I have to).

7. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Donald, this is completely off topic, but if you're not going to use the RF and want the stops just to make it harder to get unintended swings, consider making what Fred Lustig calls a "chinaman." This is an inverted top-hat section piece of metal that sits on the bed rails. I have two (2x3 Pacemaker Speed bed rails <> Century Graphic bed rails) and they're very very useful.

8. mgphoto

mgphoto Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Unfortunatly, I don't think I have any cams, maybe one or two, I'll have to check. The problem is, there are so many little oddball parts that I can't identify. Anybody have a lead on parts diagrams for the various cameras.

My other thought is of posting a (high res) image of the drawer and let you guys take a crack at identifying some of the more oddball parts.

Feel free to send me "wish lists" and I will see what I have. I also have a bunch of Graflex XL parts as well. Perhaps I'll try to put a list together of the stuff I can identify. If so, I will let you know when it's available.

-Mark

9. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Send me your address and I'll send a couple of pairs of them to you. It's a litle thing to do for someone who has provided so much information to so many of us. I converted to the later tracks to use the folding infinity stops. Ah, the versatility of the Speed Graphic!

10. Sjixxxy

Sjixxxy Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    That would work for me. And I do have a little wishlist.

1) Focusspot Lamp housing.
    2) Anny tension knob that isn't bent.
    3. Anny springs for the back.

11. glennfromwy

glennfromwy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    They're your parts and you should do with them what you wish, but I will offer a suggestion. My last box full of parts, along with a small assortment sent to me by an ebay seller who couldn't sell them, were donated to Fred Lustig, in Reno. The last of the old time Graflex repairmen. Fred also has the last remaining original Graflex parts inventory. Some of these parts are running out and pattern pieces are needed for reproduction. A worthwhile thing to think about. It made me feel good to get that phone call from Fred, offering his most sincere thanks.

12. Jim Jones

Jim Jones Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have cams P6, P7. P10, P11, and P31 I can scan at 2400 dpi or loan you for a scan.

13. RichSBV

RichSBV Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Jim, a scan would be great. When I scanned mine, I placed them next to a precision ruler, the small six inch metal kind with both mm and inch scales. This allows almost exact size comparisons, or at least helps ;-) I also found it nice to have them in order of lens length. Either way, I can cut & paste once I have an image if needed.

Thanks!
    Rich...

14. jjmcclear

jjmcclear Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    WTB: Graflex Part

Hey there!

I'm searching for the bottom half of a Graflex 3-cell Flash gun. I have a 2-Cell that I want to convert. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Jesse

15. jcobb3

jcobb3 Member

Shooter:
    Holga
    Shutter Release Cable

Do you have one?