Dry Mounting

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by rbug123, Feb 1, 2011.

1. rbug123

rbug123 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I'm trying to dry mount photos printed on Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper - any suggestions as to the type of mounting tissue that works best? I've tried using colormount and it adheres to the substrate but isn't doing a great job of adhering the photo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. jovo

jovo Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you wait a day or two for DPUG to become active, you'll more likely get a good answer to your question. On APUG, the discussion is strictly limited to analog printing which makes it unlikely that any here have a good answer to an inkjet paper printing question. I'd love to be of help, but I only work with FB wet chemical papers.

3. ann

ann Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    we have used regular mounting tissue at a very low temperature. You need to put a weight on any print that has been dry mounted as it cools off, or it will lift off the backboard

4. Lopaka

Lopaka Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Procedure should be the same as any RC papers. These papers have a 'slippery' coating on the back as do all RC darkroom papers.
    It usually takes about 30-45 seconds longer in the press to get good adhesion than on FB papers. I also find that it works better
    if I temper both the print and the mount board in the press before beginning the mounting. That is usually about 45 seconds or so
    on each side to get the material to lay relatively flat. This reduces moisture content in both print and substrate which helps adhesion.

Bob

5. paul ron

paul ron Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A digital buddy told me 3M spray adhesive will do the trick for ya.

Now scram! :laugh: