Dubrovnik-Efke820 IR film (35mm)

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by MOPS, Jun 16, 2010.

1. MOPS

MOPS Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Anyone know of a camera shop/store in Dubrovnik Croatia selling Efke820 IR film, will be travelling there shortly and would love to be able to buy a stock of the stuff as it is made in Croatia.....MOPS

2. Denis P.

Denis P. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's a specialty item, I guess available only in the capital (Zagreb ) - and even there, there's only one store that I think has it available (in the fridge). It's not exactly an off-the-shelf item, even for a photo lab/store (and there aren't many selling ANY kind of film left).

I'm not 100% sure, but I would be totally floored if you manage to get it in Dubrovnik - sorry.

I guess that there aren't many stores in New York selling it, either :smile: - just to put things into perspective...

Perhaps you can purchase in advance and have it delivered to Dubrovnik, to your hotel.

3. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The only photo store I've visited in Dubrovnik has very little film, mostly C41 colour, I don't remember seeing any B&W films at all. It's easier to buy EFKE films in England & Germany etc than in Croatia, same with Foma in the Czech Republic. Most EFKE film is made and exported.

You'll find Dubrovnik a great city to photograph in and the people are very friendly, most speak excellent English, I'll be there again later in the year.

Ian

4. MOPS

MOPS Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks guys for that less than optomistic news. I have enough B&W to carry me through while I'm over there, looking forward to it....Mops