dunco or kaiser easel ?

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by lecamillou, Apr 18, 2005.

1. lecamillou

lecamillou Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Hello,

I want a easel for the rest of my life and i've heard that saunder's are not really easy to use with 12x16" sheet of paper.
    So i've to choose between two european easel : The Dunco 90/4 and the Kaiser Promask. I know that the kaiser is a renamed version of the old 4 blades leitz easel so it's a sign of quality but i've heard good things from dunco easels too...

Could you help me to find the best ?
    Because i can't touch any of them in a local store :-(

thanks a lot !

2. ooze

ooze Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Dunco 90/4 is my everyday easel. Can't find any fault with it. Solid build. You can adjust every blade if need be. They also come with 4 small ruler-like magnetic strips, which are very handy when you want to create a black border (not a black keyline) around your image.

3. Fotohuis

Fotohuis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I 'm using the 90/5 Dunco (40X50 cm) . It's OK. If you want 100% rectangular corners you have to go for a fix system like Versamask. Also easier for the smaller formats.
    We are selling both products for the Netherlands, so our opinion is maybe slightly influenced.

Another option for you on 30X40 cm Dunco is the already mentioned 90/4 or the 88/4. Last one will be around Eur. 300,00.

best regards,

Robert

4. lecamillou

lecamillou Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    In conclusion i've bought a old and wonderful 2-blades Leitz easel 30x40cm with the wooden base.
    It's a masterpiece !