Durst 138 Manual

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by dawid_burger, Nov 28, 2005.

1. dawid_burger

dawid_burger Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi

I've just bought an old, but beautiful and massive(!) Durst 138 and hope to enter the world of LF soon -- those of you who own one will probably know the feeling, esp when looking at the huge condensors. I am looking for the manual, if there is anyone out there that would be so kind to scan and email me a copy I would appreciate it a lot !!

Cheers
    Dawid

2. gandolfi

gandolfi Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    I have two... of the enlargers, that is..
    I'll check whether I have a manual, but I doubt it.

However, it is very easy to use, and a fine enlarger.
    when you open the plate in front of the condensers, you'll see what condensors goes to what negative size. (I think you know (?))

any questions on how to - just ask, and I'll see if I can answer..

3. mikeb_z5

mikeb_z5 Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
  4. Donald Miller

Donald Miller Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The differences that I noted between the Jensen site and my manual are that there is no differing designation for Rodagon and Companon lenses and the appropriate condensers for the different manufacturers and focal lengths.

In my manual Companon is listed up to 240 mm focal length and the Rodagon up to 180 mm focal length. The condensers differ for the same focal length between manufacturers in some of focal lengths both in focusing point and also in condenser type. Some us a 240R and a 240H as opposed to a conventional 240. This applies to opal lamp light source.

Point light sources use condensers with a "t" suffix.

5. dawid_burger

dawid_burger Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Durst 138

Thanks for the link to the manual - I have cleaned the monster / sanded down the wood table and will be doing my first LF prints shortly.

Cheers
    Dawid

6. allen curtis

allen curtis Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I can copy the manuals I have and mail them to you at the cost of copying, if you wish.