durst 138s manual please

Discussion in 'Enlarging' started by Durst138s, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Durst138s

Durst138s Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Am in need a readable owner's manual for a durst 138s b/w enlarger. I found a link online but it's too hard to read. So someone have a spare manual or a copy I'd love to borrow it.

Much appreciated any help.

ps. particularly on how to adjust the lamp housing tilt. Also, am looking a filter drawer for it if anyone has one.

2. jp80874

jp80874 Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Welcome to Apug.

You don't mention what link you found that was not readable. This may repeat that.

I have found the manuals at this link very readable and useful.

The one you want is at:

http://www.durst-pro-usa.com/resources.php

Look under “Appendix: PDF Files Tank”

I would encourage you to look around the library because there are many useful tutorials and manuals there.

John Powers

3. Durst138s

Durst138s Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Thanks for answering. That's the same link other than a french site that I could google. Could be my old age, I have a hard time to read. The first couple pages are readable. Dont think local small library has anything related to this enlarger model.

It would be great if someone can post a html/text version manual online. The worse case, one can create in MS Word by hand I guess.

4. Durst138s

Durst138s Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I found how to adjust tilt. Turn one knob to 'L' all the way the loosen another knob and apply rotation force (slowly). tighten both knobs. still, nice to have a manual handy.

5. jp80874

jp80874 Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I don't mean to insult you. I am 72, wearing trifocals and can see it quite well on my new monitor. Could it be your computer screen?

John

6. Durst138s

Durst138s Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    John, that's good for you. My 20/20 is not working that well these days. I will look out for a real manual ...maybe one day. For now, I will get by. Btw, I can see at 72 years young you are strong to carry that 20x24 around mountains...is that a 600mm lens? :wink:

7. jp80874

jp80874 Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Sorry about the eyes.

That is just a small 7x17 pocket camera that I carry in a baby jogger. My mountain has to have trails or plateaus on it for the three wheeled buggy. The lens is a 250mm wide field Ektar. I have a 600mm Fuji as the longest lens this camera will take, but it doesn’t look as dramatic for the Avatar photo.

John

8. L Gebhardt

L Gebhardt Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I just posted a different copy of the Durst 138S manual, as well as the service manual here.

9. Marco Buonocore

Marco Buonocore Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Thank you so much for the service manual! Brilliant!