DURST AC 650

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Ba Bu Shka, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Ba Bu Shka

Ba Bu Shka Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I was wondering if there is a way to work with an automatic enlarger manually with a timerclock ?

Apparently the enlarger I have now automatically decides the right exposure time , and if I understand it right I only have to set the density meter right ;

but I am not used to working in this way ,in school we use a timerclock to manually expose with the right amount of light.

Could there be a way to connect the timer anyway and shut off the automatic mode ??

2. rmann

rmann Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have an Agfa C66 with I believe is the same machine made for Agfa by Durst - it also had a built in probe/meter function. I took off the cover - removed the boards for the meter/probe circuits - used the remaining transformer to run power directly to the head. I have it plugged into a normal enlarger timer and has worked fine for me for a number of years. I would not recommend that you do this unless you are comfortable around circuits and rewiring - getting an electrical engineer or electrician to help would be something I would strongly recommend.

3. Ba Bu Shka

Ba Bu Shka Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    HEY THANKS !!
    That is really useful information , though I wouldn't be able at all to fix that myself ;
    my best option now is I think ask one of the technicians I know at a place where they make and install alarm systems , they must be used to working with circuits and stuff.
    You think I need more information to tell them exactly what to do , or is it easy to figure out for yourself when you have experience with electric circuits ?

Thanks once more !! :smile:

4. rmann

rmann Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    You really just need a power supply that matches the bulb in the head. The Agfa C66 looks like this attachment.

Attached Files: