Durst L1200 dimension question

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Dave Swinnard, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Dave Swinnard

Dave Swinnard Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm planning my new darkroom and the Durst is in pieces in various places awaiting it's new home. One of the dimensions I forgot to record before dismantling the old darkroom was the total front to back depth - baseboard I know, but if I recall correctly, the enlarger's head actually protrudes a bit behind the back edge of the baseboard - and I need to know how much. (to determine the minimum depth of counter I can get away with without having the enlarger head rub the wall or the front of the baseboard slip of the counter...)

So, if any of you Durst L1200 (colour head - though I'm not sure that makes a difference or not) drivers out there would find the time to measure that full distance for me, I would very much appreciate it. I can't, as this point reassemble it to make the measurement for myself.

(aside: the Durst documentation I have doesn't indicate this dimension, just baseboard size, overall height, etc.)

Thanks in advance, Dave

2. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Approximately 35mm.

If it helps, my bench is 800mm from front to back which is plenty large enough.

3. Dave Swinnard

Dave Swinnard Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for this Paul.

Your 800mm bench depth, do you feel it could be reduced somewhat and still be useable (no bits overhanging)? If so, what do you feel would be a minimum?

4. resummerfield

resummerfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My baseboard is 69cm, but the counter top needs to be at least 73cm deep to allow for the additional 4cm that the camera assembly protrudes behind the baseboard.

5. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Depending on exactly where the feet are located on your baseboard, you might get away with a 700mm depth, but 750mm would give a little more room to play with - I went for 800mm as it maximised the use of the 8'x4' sheets that I was having cut.

6. Dave Swinnard

Dave Swinnard Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Perfect. Thats' the information I was hoping to discover here. Thanks Paul.