Durst M700 - Help Needed with spare parts

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by yanboechat, Jul 10, 2009.

1. yanboechat

yanboechat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi guys, I just got here in APUG and I hope we can share lots of info from now on. I´m very excited to have found a place where I can find answears about the tons of questions about analog photography.

Well, my first participation is about the Durst M700 enlarger. I just got one in very good condition last week, but not complete. Since I got it to enlarge my 6x7 negatives, I´m very disapointed because it came without its original negative carrier and the masks. Also, it did come without with the 105 condenser.

I´ve searched ebay from upside down looking for those components, but could not find it. I Wonder if someone here knows a place where I can find it or, even, if someone have those parts and wants to sell them.

Thanks a lot for your attention and, from now on, I´ll be around.

Yan

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Keep looking on e-bay, they will likely show up. Sometimes these things take a few months of searching.

3. yanboechat

yanboechat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I hope so.

4. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You might be able to convert the enlarger to become a diffuser type.

Back in the UK I have a magazine article on making replacement condensers for Durst 600 series enlargers. It's equally relevant to you. Tells you how to get a round condenser edges taken off and making the holder. Unfortunately at the moment I have no plans to return, but may do towards the end of the summer, I could scan and email. Condensers are used in many applications so finding one of the right size and focal length isn't difficult.

Ian

5. yanboechat

yanboechat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks Ian. The condenser isn´t the main issue. Just found out that the Unicon 80 that I have works fine for 6x7. The problem is the negative carrier. I´ll keep looking for one on ebay.

6. stefan4u

stefan4u Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    High Yan !!

Maybe include the older autofocus enlarger DA900 and DA600 in your search.

It’s negative carrier AUTONEG does fit in the M700/M800 too. This is a very fine crafted piece of opt mechanics… It do have AN glass at the upper side, normal glass at the downside, very precise masking bands and do allow formats from 135mm film (or smaller) up to 6,5 x 9 cm.

This one is much more sophisticated than the original carrier SETONEG for the M700/M800 enlargers, go and look for it!

There are two more variants, DANEG for 135mm only film with fixed mask, and a carrier called DUONEG with interchangeable masks up to 6x6 cm.

If you want to enlarge larger formats the AUTONEG is the right carrier for you, I’ve used this one exclusively in the M700/M800, it does fit for sure !!

Regards from Germany,
    Stefan

7. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  8. Christopher Nisperos

Christopher Nisperos Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Yan,

I know that you've already found your condenser, but if you ever want to automate your tank-of-an-enlarger, Heiland Electronic makes a version of their Splitgrade automatic light source & exposure system which custom-fits the Durst M700. (http://www.heilandelectronic.de/html/english/products/splitgrade_main.htm).

Statement of transparency: I do know Juergen Heiland and consider him a friend. He has bribed me with several beers in the past. But to hell with the naysayers: the Splitgrade is damned good equipment and Yan ought to know about it! To me, it's tantamount to letting him know that Porsche engines fit into a VW Bug! ;o)

Best,

Christopher

:

9. yanboechat

yanboechat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you guys. Still trying to get my negative carrier.

Chris, thanks for the indication, the equipament seems to be very nice. But I´m sure that would be to expensive to send my enlarger head all the way from Brazil to Germany. Thanks a lot, anyway, maybe someday I´ll have something like that

10. yanboechat

yanboechat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I found very hard to find a negative carrier for this enlarger. I´ve been looking dailly on ebay around the world and just can´t find anything close to it. So I decided to build my own negative carrier. Does anyone here has a negative carrier that fits on M700. Could you please send me the dimensions? I´d really appreciate if someone would help me with this

11. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't have dimensions, but it should look like this:
    [​IMG]

12. Ralph Javins

Ralph Javins Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

Good morning, IC-Racer;

I don't know; it could be quite a challenge to get an exact match to the rust pattern.

13. Jesper

Jesper Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Sorry to hear of your problem, but maybe I can be of some assistance.
    Last week I bought some darkroom stuff from a man who earlier had scrapped a Durst M600, and in one of the boxes I discovered two negative carriers that I believe is from said enlarger.
    The crappy phone picture shows the two, and maybe someone in the know can tell if a negative carrier from a M600 will also fit a M700.
    One is for 24x36mm and the size of the glass on the other is 7x9cm.

They are of no use to me so you can have them if they are the right size for your needs (no charge).
    Just send me your address and I will have them shipped to you.

[​IMG]

14. yanboechat

yanboechat Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Guys, thanks a lot for the attention. I think Jesper is solving my problem. Jesper, once more, thank you

15. Bronica645

Bronica645 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Jesper, Would you have a Sixpla 39mm Lens Board for M600?

I would be willing to purchase a Sixpla 39mm Lens Board for M600 if you still have the items, only 2 years later.:smile: I am loosing my mind trying to find one.
    Thanks