Durst Pictochrom VS Multigraph for BW Prints

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by ~ Andrea ~, Dec 30, 2011.

1. ~ Andrea ~

~ Andrea ~ Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi,
    I've some questions regarding the Durst Pictochrom that I'm thinking to buy.

I would like to get a 4x5 enlarger with Multigrade dedicated functions, something like the RH Design Analyzer Pro or the Durst Multigraph.
    I like the probe, the calculated times when the contrast is changed and the other BW capabilities.

So I would like to understand if the Pictochrom can offer the same functions of the Multigraph or is a completely different system specifically made for color works.

Does anyone could send the English or Italian manual to me?

Thank you very much!!
    ~ Andrea ~

2. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. gary mulder

gary mulder Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    For a time I have used a Pictochrom. It is, as you say, specifically made for color. But the elite model has autofocus. And with some fiddling you can put the multigrade head on this machine and have a multigrade with autofocus. :smile:
    I did sale the Pictochrom to a other apug member with the manual. So I hope he joins in. But as that will be a manual in dutch.
    And he has put a Heiland LED system in one of the mixing boxes to accommodate his BW printing needs. So that gives you a indication how far the Pictochrom will go on printing BW.