Dust blower

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by Nick Zentena, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Had to go by Lee Valley today and noticed a little hand held dust blower. Only $4 so I didn't expect much but considering it comes with four AA batteries I figured it was worth the risk. I won't call the air it puts out a gail but it will remove dust from a negative. At least so far I'll see how long it lasts. It's made in China so I'm guessing your local tool pusher will have something similar if not the exact same thing.

2. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'd love to "go" to Lee Valley. :cool: I have to settle for mail order.

Let us know how this works out. Is the item in their catalog or on their website?

Thanks.

David
    Big Lee Valley fan - just never bought "photo" from them.

3. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

What do you mean? Forstner bits for drilling lensboards. Chisels for hand cutting the rabbet. Little brass screws to hold the lens flange. Levels to make sure the camera is well level. Extension cords so the enlarger reaches. Just need to convice them to stock paper and chemicals-))

Turns out it's on the website. I think I mentally ignored it assuming anything that cheap would be a toy.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=51649&cat=1,44047

I got the blower. The batteries are worth a chunk of the sale price.

4. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If they did, it would be better customer service than most of us are used to. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the link.

David

5. Donald Qualls

Donald Qualls Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm personally not a fan of dust blowers -- they just ensure the same dust will land on another negative. I'd like to find a tiny vacuum cleaner that runs on (preferably rechargeable) batteries, though. Ideally, one small enough to use in my changing bag. :wink: